Post graduation 6-month Internship in Ecuador!
Area: Study abroad/international programs
Position: Varies based on area of expertise and current projects
Number of positions: 1 or 2
Position location: Cuenca, Ecuador
Estimated start date: August, 2014
Application Deadline: 23rd of April, 2014
- Native English speaker
- Have completed an undergraduate degree (international studies, business, international business degrees or similar are preferred, but are not limited to these subject areas)
- Interest in Latin American culture
- Desire to work with students from around the world who study abroad in Ecuador
- Intermediate Spanish language skills
- Ability to demonstrate high proficiency in written communication
- Ability to demonstrate professional leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate self-motivation
- Ability to qualify for a 6-month tourist visa (http://www.ecuador.org/nonimmigrantvisas.htm#tourism)
- Insurance that covers you while abroad (there is a national option here in Ecuador, or you can purchase coverage prior to arrival)
- Ability to purchase your own roundtrip ticket to/from Cuenca, Ecuador
- Ability to cover your personal expenses for the 6 months you will be here in Ecuador
This position assists the International Program Director with all aspects of program promotion, recruitment, application process, student arrival, onsite student services, etc. You will also work to help develop future online marketing materials, including resources for social media forums such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Blogger, etc.. You will be required to lead student groups in study abroad, adventure travel and other organized programs while providing onsite support to students undertaking independent study abroad programs. On a daily basis, you will be required to perform everyday office duties. Other projects will be assigned depending on the season.
This is a full-time position. However, the average workweek will run Monday-Friday. 9.00 am- 1.00 pm, 3.00 pm- 6.00 pm, with the occasional weekend work days.
If you would like more information on this position please contact the El Nomad team via email(email@example.com)
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to the El Nomad team (firstname.lastname@example.org) during the above listed application timeframe.
Program applications will close on the 23rd of April, 2014.
El Nomad Ambassador Program (Campus Marketing Internship)
Join the El Nomad team and work for a fast-growing international company that provides students with extraordinary Ecuadorian adventures!
Area: Marketing, promotions, and study abroad/international education
Number of positions: 1 per campus
Position location: Your university campus!
Estimated start date: Varies
Application timeframe: Open all year
Campus Marketing Interns are students who promote El Nomad Immersion Programs in his/her campus community. Interns are asked to utilize social media, host promotional events, build partnerships, distribute marketing materials, and find other innovative strategies to peak student interest in El Nomad programs. Campus Marketing Interns may also serve as a spokesperson for El Nomad at local study abroad, gap year, or career fairs.
Please note that the El Nomad staff will fully support your recruitment efforts by providing you with a position orientation, marketing materials, and help in the development, planning, and execution of promotional events. Duties may include:
- Meet with your university study abroad office, academic department heads and/or professors to talk about El Nomad programs and distribute marketing materials
- Seek out and attend campus and community events representing El Nomad and distribute marketing materials
- Register, set-up, and man booth at campus internship/career, study abroad, and volunteer fairs
- Host student-centered events to promote El Nomad programs (i.e. Ecuadorian dinner, Spanish movie, etc.)
- Post flyers and posters throughout community
- Utilize and connect with El Nomad Alumni in recruitment efforts
- Report progress and maintain consistent communication with El Nomad team
- Design and execute at least one innovative marketing strategy
- Other duties as assigned
- Ambassadors, after attending an introductory training session, will begin work straight away, and will continue work for a full academic year
- Attend a compulsory introductory and continuous online training sessions
- Complete a form prior to presenting and return it to El Nomad Staff and Study Abroad Advisors
- Participate in meetings with Study Abroad Advisors and El Nomad Staff
- Complete a written report and activity log each month
- Give permission for your El Nomad email address to be shared with students/ clients (El Nomad will organize your own El Nomad email for this purpose)
- Outgoing, personable, and responsible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (public speaking)
- Proficient in social media
- Actively enrolled student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Demonstrated high involvement in student life/clubs on campus
- Have established social and professional networks
- Experience traveling or studying abroad in Ecuador (preferred)
- El Nomad Immersion Program Alumni (preferred)
• Commission based salary: $100 per paid student recruited, $1,000 for each paid group of 8+ recruited
• Discount of 25% on any El Nomad Immersion Program
• Gain first-hand, measurable experience in marketing, recruitment, event planning, and utilizing professional social media
Benefits of being a student ambassador
- Better communication and public speaking skills
- Excellent leadership and team building experiences
- A chance to share enthusiasm for international education and overseas experiences
- Greater self awareness/knowledge (values, interests, goals)
- Excellent resume/CV addition
- Training on how to respond to a variety of study abroad-related questions
- Financially compensated work
- Professional Development – Project Creation & Management, Time Management
- Network with influential people
- Enhanced employability
- References and letters of appropriate recommendation are provided for active ambassadors
- All Ambassadors will receive a t-shirt, welcome packet, and additional resources
- Possible Ambassador competitions during the year
To apply to be an El Nomad Study Ambassador please email the following items to Pip Denne (email@example.com):
- A cover letter that contains the following information and answers to the questions listed below
- Full name:
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- When did you study abroad/travel in Ecuador (if applicable)
- How long did you spend in Ecuador (if applicable)
- Why are you interested in becoming a student ambassador for El Nomad Immersion Programs?
- What inspired your decision to study abroad in Ecuador? If you did not study abroad in Ecuador, but did in another country, what inspired you to study abroad there?
- In what ways have you changed as a result of your study abroad experience?
- What are some of the highlights of your travel/study abroad experience in Ecuador? If you didn’t travel or study in Ecuador, talk about the highlights of another travel/study experience you have had.
- Why do you think you would make an excellent student ambassador for El Nomad Immersion Programs?
- Your resume
- At least one professional reference
- At least one academic reference